Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Wheel of Time Re-read

So, as any fantasy buff knows, The Wheel of Time (tWoT) is one of the greatest epic fantasy series ever written.  Personally, it is my favorite group of books that I have ever read and would recommend this series to anybody, especially those who have read and liked The Sword of Truth or A Song of Ice and Fire.  After tWoT's author, Robert Jordan, passed away in 2007 and the series was picked up by author Brandon Sanderson, it saw lots of popularity as its last three books were taking shape.  As the new year approaches, so does the 14th and final volume of tWot series.

In honor of this event, Orbit Books, a publishing company in the UK, is promoting a re-read of the entire series before the final book comes out in Nov. 2012.  (As a side-note, the date of the 14th book's release is speculative, but I have been told from Brandon Sanderson's assistant that is the latest the book will be released.)  As a huge fan, I feel like I should be involved in this and read a book a month until the last one is released.  I have already read the series twice, but I feel like I need to be a part of this, since tWoT has been such a big part of my life.

I will make this a goal, but because I plan to read so many other books, I will not get too into it.  I am going to read the first couple books and then see where I am on the timeline.  If you would like to read with me, check out the link below that explains when to read each book.
Turn The Wheel Of Time

Buy the first book, The Eye of the World here:
Paperback
Kindle
Nook
Sony Reader

Reading Update: 13% of 'Mockingjay'

No comments:

Post a Comment