Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wheel of Time Re-read and Current book plan

So it has been a while since I have posted on this blog.  But I don't want to let this blog die, so here I am over  three months later, giving an update on my reading life.
First off, the spring semester has started so I am back on a school schedule and am limited with the amount of time I can devote to reading.  But, I try my best to fit in reading everyday (ironically, I do most of my reading during the week, and do the least on the weekends).  I always think that I will slack on my reading during school, but I just can't let my books go unread!
I have recently realized that I have started several series and I need to finish them.  I have a hard time reading a series all the way through, as I get bored reading the same author for several books.  And resulting, I put too much time between the books of a series, resulting in me forgetting what has happened in previous books.  Several series I have started include, 'The Dragon Lance Chronicles', 'The Farseer Trilogy',  'The Sword of Truth', and 'The First Law Trilogy'.  Between re-reading the WoT, my goal is to wrap up these series before I forget about them completely.
I am currently reading Book 5 of the 'Wheel of Time' series, 'The Fires of Heaven'.  This book is a little shorter than Book 4, but it is still quite hefty.  I think it is the 3rd or 4th largest of the whole series.  A lot of story lines get some big development and Rand learns he is not alone in his own mind.  The ending of this book is beast and I can't wait to get to it.  I have to finish this book by the end of February to still be on track with my WoT re-read (one book a month until October).

Reading Update: 10% of 'The Fires of Heaven'

No comments:

Post a Comment