Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

This is my first Valentine's Day being a married man.  I have a great wife who loves me as much as I love her.  We usually spent our Valentine's Day by getting each other something small like flowers or candy or by going out to eat.  But this year she surprised me by getting me three books for my Kindle!  I was so happy because I had been wanting to get these books, but could think of no god reason to spend the money when I have so many other books that need read.

The first book she got me was 'Before They Are Hanged' which is the second book in the First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.  I started this series over a year ago and loved it.  I couldn't finish it because I didn't own the next two books.  I need to start this one soon before I forget what happened in the first book.
Another book I got is 'The Lies of Locke Lamora' by Scott Lynch.  I have heard a lot of hype about this book and am interested in this seven book series that has yet to be finished.  I will definitely start this one soon.
Last book I got is called 'The Black Prism' by Brent Weeks.  Brent Weeks is an author I have heard a lot about. I own his Night Angel Trilogy, but have yet to read it.  I am very excited to read this new author.
Reading Update: 23% of 'The Fires of Heaven'

No comments:

Post a Comment